Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friday, October 22, 2010


Hey mom,
So It turns out my p-days are on friday! So far the MTC is really really cool! I love it here. I got a flu shot yesterday and I think it made me sick though ha ha. But I am still having a blast.

The MTC is a lot like College I think just with a few additional rules. But I really LOVE IT. I am in the COOLEST district ever. Its called district 56 and it is strictly an international group. I am the only american in it, but the thing we all have in common is that we are 'advanced in out mission field language".

My companion is Elder Wollauer (pronounced; Vule-Hour) and her is from Germany. He is a pretty awesome guy. There are about 4 companionships in our Branch, My self and Elder Wollauer, Two elders from Sweden (totally cool guys, Elder Hultgren and Elder Bautista) who me and My companion were roomates with for our first night in the MTC. The Second night we moved to a different room and now we are roomates with two HUGE polynesian guys. Elder Filiphia is from Auckland New Zealand, and Elder Amataga is from Samoa! They are my favorites I think. They are so huge and intimidating its crazy, but when you look up to talk to them all you can see is the Hugest smile. Elder Amataga is our district leader and me and him are becoming good friends (along with my companion ofcourse).

Apparently the first week at the MTC is a little crazy, but I have been told that it slows down after sunday. We get 30 mins on the computer to write emails, and while I am in the MTC I can only write emails to family, so If you see Max please tell him I say hi and that I will write him a letter later today and mail it to his house.

So my departure date has been set as November 9th, But French passports are really difficult to get right now and they are taking A LONG time I guess :( So please Pray that mine will come quickly!

Alright so what else do I need to tell you??? The food here is great.... oh and apparently I am good at soccer??? We played yesterday for our Gym session (we get 5 each week and they are 1 hour long) But the Elders from Sweden are Really good at soccer and I don't think they expected me to be any good. But after I scored the first goal and made a pretty awesome pass for the second goal they both warmed up to me.... Ha ha I thought that was really funny.

Okay what else! How are things going for you? How is work? And Grae? Can you send me Grae's email address and Dad's too? My time is almost up here. I am going to have to come to the computer more prepared and organized so I get get more out of my emails! Anyways Hope everything is going good back home! love ya!

-Elder Morgan

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It's great to hear from you Mason.
    I'm happy to see that you are having a great "craic" (as the tipical Irish that I am becoming would say). But I have one quick question maybe somebody could answer for me : What is the MTC ? sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your answer. Enjoy and see you in France anytime you want (i'm going there quite often). Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clem, the MTC is the Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah. A new missionary spends anywhere from 3-12 weeks there depending on their need for language training. Mason stayed there 2.5 weeks. :) -April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ! Yeah he must be amazing in French now !

    ReplyDelete