Sunday, March 11, 2012

October 29, 2011

Hey Mom!  

Thanks for the pictures!  And thanks for your email!  It was great to hear from you.  Sadly, I took today to write a quick update to send to friends and family!   So I am not gonna write much today. However I will attach the update that I personalized and mailed to people.  

But Just wanted to let you know that I am alive and happy and all is going well here. I love you a ton!

Hey!  

So these past few week/ months have been crazy.  I was originally serving in a place called St. Brieuc, which is a beautiful coastal town near Brest and located on the most far western part of France.  I loved it so much there.  

The people were so nice.  The members of the church were super nice to the missionaries there too.  They would invite us over all the time to eat and to hang out with their families.  I am excited to go back and visit there after my mission.

About 3 weeks ago I phone call from my mission President asking me to come to Versailles to be the new mission “Comptable” which is French for accountant.  This means I work at the Mission “Bureau” or office along with several other missionaries and the mission President along with his family and between us all we make sure that the mission runs properly, that the apartments are in good shape, that nobody gets deported, and that missionaries don’t starve to death along with many other things.  It’s really interesting to see what makes this mission “tick” in a sense.  I also really really find my new job interesting.

Math was never my strongest subject but I seem to be witnessing a miracle because somehow this mission is not bankrupt yet and I have been here for over 3 weeks now! Ha ha!! 

My companions right now are Elder Gardner (this Mission Secretary) who is from Utah, and Elder Draleau who was the Comptable but is helping me learn how to do everything.  He is by far my favorite companion that I have served with so far here in France.  And whats more is that he is from Olympia Washington and he even went to WSU before his mission!  I am kinda bummed that he will be leaving in 3 weeks or so!  

Anyways things are going really well here and I am having a blast.  Its kinda weird to think that I have been on my mission for over a year now.  Next year at this time I will be coming home!  It seems like just yesterday that I left!  

Anyways I hope you are doing alright. Send me an email or a letter if you get a chance, okay?  

By the way my new home address is:
Elder Morgan 
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vésinet
France

Alright I gotta take off but I hope I hear from you soon !

Love, 

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment