Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday, December 6, 2010


Hi Momma!!

I'm good! Not sure how much longer I am gonna be online here but I just wanted to say hi. Been a busy day. We got our transfer calls last night! I am getting transfered! I find out where I'm going on wednesday. So I'll be able to tell you all about it next monday! Hows work! Love you too!

Its so great to here all the exciting things that are going on back home. Keep me updated on the job search in Iowa!!!

So this past week was pretty horrible. I mean it was great, and I learned a lot. But man, it was flat out tough. I told you how I was struggling with obedience and how it was causing me to be unhappy. Well along with that I got pretty sick again. Well everything is good now, me and Elder Oxley and Elder Laelau are getting along just great. We had a good p-day today, and I am kinda bummed I am getting transferred but I know that I have learned what I was supposed to from my companions and my area while I was here In Monroe.

I am doing much much better. Been studying Lehi’s tree of Life vision quite a bit lately. Its really cool to read it in French because of some of the things that are worded a little differently because of the Language translation. And I made a goal to bear my testimony every fast and testimony meeting while I am on my mission and I started doing that this past week. Our church was actually flooded on Sunday so we only had sacrament meeting. But it was still a good day.

What else is there?? I still have not heard anything about my visa. We had a multi zone conference this past week. We learned about Mormon.org for 4 hours. This is the missionaries new focus in our area. And the church announced that studies have found that tracting is giving the church a negative image. And within 2 years Thomas S. Monson has announced that ALL tracting will stop. Mormon.org will be the new source of finding investigators. The missionaries will help members create profiles. As members create profiles, we will encourage them to refer friends and neighbors to check out the website and the profiles, and eventually this will lead to the missionaries teaching people who have visited the website and become more interested. The church did another study on a focus group of people. They found that the website was very successful! One of the biggest problems we face as missionaries is when we meet somebody set up and appointment with them to teach them the gospel and in the time between they look up mormons on the internet in find anti-mormon doctrine. Mormon.org will not only combat this, but the website has been quite successful in getting people to want to know more. It’s a pretty awesome thing. Missionaries here are asked to now create a profile of their own and spend as much time as necessary to get to know the website so we can successfully relate it to our investigators.

I am really going to miss the ward here though. But I know I will love the next ward too! I did my last radio broadcast this past week. It was very very cool. We taught about charity. One of my favorite things about teaching is all the stuff you learn when you prepare for your lesson. I have a testimony of the fact that when you plan to teach a lesson, if you successfully prepare for it (even if you have taught the lesson countless times) you will say something that touches the people you are teaching but what is even cooler is that you will learn something while preparing that you NEEDED to learn at that specific time. I know when we did the radio show this past week and we taught about charity, out of however people might have been listening, that I especially needed to hear and learn about charity.

As for everybody back home. Max sent me and email with his address and all that on it. He sounded really happy to be in Hawaii! I am really excited for him. I am going to send out two letters to him this week. I have written one already. I have not heard from Kai yet. And I did not have time to email dad or Grae today. This whole email and letter thing can be a little overwhelming at times. But I like it. I just need to get better about staying focused and writing letters.

I am super excited for the packages!!!! Thanks so much momma! I cant wait to get them! Oh and I don’t think I need anything else! Were you able to find the Gloves I was talking about!? Actually you remember how you said you recorded all of my blessings? Is there any way you can get me a copy of those? It would be super awesome if you could type it out.

But as far as you lesson goes on Sunday. I think I sent home a preach my gospel or two in my package. You should check out some of the stuff in there for your lesson. That is an awesome book.

Oh! and I cant remember what it is called right now, but the thing you were asking about in the package that I sent home. That was from my roommate in the MTC Elder Amatanga from American Samoa. He was a really cool guy and wanted me to have it.

As for Scout going to Oregon, I couldn’t be happier about that. I know Andy will take good care of him!

This email was a little frustrating for me. I feel like I was very scattered and I couldn’t keep my thoughts together. I have so much I want to tell you. I like the list of questions though. I think that is a good idea. Anyways I gotta go. But I love you! I hope you have an amazing week!
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment