Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday, December 20, 2010

Hi Mom!

I haven't left for France yet. Plane doesn't leave untill 8:40ish tonight. I am in the middle of replying to your email but I need to know a few things. If I get the chance to call you from the airport will you be available this afternoon/evening? Also what time is best for me to call you on Christmas? We MAY be allowed to use skype since international phonecalls are so expensive. soo.... what is your skype account name?


Hey Mom!
So I think You heard already, or at least President King told me he would email you and tell you that my visa came in this past Tuesday! I have a direct flight to Paris tonight. So the cool part is that today was the originally the day I was supposed to leave the MTC and so the French District that I was originally supposed to be in is going to meet me at the Airport here in Atlanta and I am on the same flight with them from here to Paris. Whats even cooler is that President King has told me that Elizabeth Smart will also be on the plane.

Glad to hear you are having fun and feeling at home there in Iowa. I have loved it here in Sharon Springs. Its almost the complete opposite of Monroe... In every way. My companions here are extrememly obedient and have been very patient in helping me break bad habits that I have already formed and create new ones that will help me to be a better more obedient Missionary. I really got attached to the ward here. Last night we went caroling with a couple families and I had to say my goodbyes after we were done and it was really sad. I am really gonna miss some people here. Bishop Hilton and his family were absolutely incredible. I loved their ENTIRE family! They had a really little Baby named Finley who was just about the cutest baby in the world. So much so that I took a picture of her and sister Hilton. But yeah.... this ward was amazing. It was so cool to see a ward and how powerful and good it was because everybody really took the positions seriously and magnified them. Especially the Bishop, I dont know how he did everything. He owns his own business, has 5 kids and still makes it look easy to be a great bishop. Another cool thing here has been that we have been having a Secret Santa leave stuff at the door to our appartment. I am bummed that I will not be here for the last couple days, especially to find out who it was all along. Its kind of weird how something as small as leaving a suprise on a missionaries doorstep for 12 days can mean so much. It was so much fun at the end of each day to have something to look forward to once we got home. We actually also were leaving secret santa gifts for one of our investigators named Ruby. And that was almost even more fun to think that she was possibly enjoying being a on the recieving end of a secret santa as much as we were.

Another Person we are currently teaching is an old man named Ronnie. He is awesome. He is about 57 years old but his health is not that great due to heavy smoking and chewing tobacco for almost his entire life. However he recently quit smoking and drinking. Anways he has been reading in the Book of Mormon and he loves it. Ronnie is a baptist and he loves his bible but he says he likes the Book of Mormon because it goes hand in hand with the bible. We had the oppurtunity to go and help Ronnie chop some wood one day last week and me and him have been good friends ever since. Every person he introduces me to at his house already knows me as the "hard worker" because I guess Ronnie liked it when we helped him out chopping wood.

I am kind of excited to go to France. Im not too excited to leave this ward. But I guess thats how it goes. Having kind of a rough day today, I think its just cause I am stressed about my language and going to France.

Not sure if I am going to have an exit interview with President King or not. I am supposed to be at the Mission office at 5:30 pm tonight so we'll see what happens. Definitely been more obedient in this area. Elder Hemsley and Elder Jensen are really great missionaries and I have been learning a lot from them. They are great teachers. I think that might be part of my frustration today is I don't feel like I have learned everything I need to from them yet. But Oh well. The Holidays here have been really awesome. Like I said the ward is incredible and it seems like every house we visit is sending us home with cookies, snacks, and other random goodies and then there is always the Secret Santa. So yeah, Christmas time here in this ward has been super amazing.

Yeah, I have addresses and all that jazz for my companions. Elder Jensen and Elder Hemsley havent signed my journal yet but they both promised that they would so I am sure it will happen before they drop me off tonight.

And yes, I am still writing in my journal regularly. Haven't been getting any letters or anything special lately. I think it's just because everybody was hestitant to send stuff to Georgia when nobody knew how long I would be here before I left for France. But I am excited to get some letters from Max and Andy who both said they were gonna mail letters when I finally got to France.

I wrote dad a quick email today telling him I got my visa. But I dont think I will have time to write Grae. But tell her I love her and I will try and write her next week and that I hope she enjoys her Christmas Break!

Anyways I gotta go!
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment