Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday, December 13, 2010

“YESSSSSSSSS!!!!” I'm sooo excited for you!!!! That is sooo sooo soo cool! And I love all the details and the pictures are great! You look soo beautiful. And soo skinny too! :) Anyways thanks for sharing that with me. That made my week!

I wish I had more time to tell you how excited I was to read about Brad's Proposal and you're super awesome weekend, but I don't have a whole lot of time to write emails today :( However I am gonna try and send you some pictures after I get done with this email.

Anyways, so on Wednesday I found out that I got transferred to the Sharons Springs Area in the Cole Mountain Zone. My new companions are Elder Jensen from Alberta, Canada and Elder Hemsley from Springsville, Utah. They are the zone leaders for this area. They are both super great guys and I am learning a lot from being here in this area. They are helping me create some good helpful, obedient habits.

This area is almost the exact opposite of Monroe. It is extrememly wealthy. The teenager Justin Beiber lives in our area. This means however, it is extremely tough to talk to people. In most cases we cant even go to members houses because they live in gated communities with security guards and check points and everything. Its really, really, really weird.

Yesterday was my first sunday in this ward and it was awesome. Bishop Hilton here is one of the most amazing men I have ever met in my entire life. He spoke yesterday and he told everybody he had been preparing for this talk for over 3 months, and I had the strongest feeling that one of the reasons I was here in this ward was to hear that talk. It really was a great talk too. He talked quite a bit about the worth of souls and how much god loves us. It was an AMAZING talk.

There are two people we have taught since I have been here. Ronnie is an older man who lives in a trailer (I am fairly certain it is the only one in this city as I have yet to see another) but he is the nicest old man! We went over and helped him chop some wood for about 3 hours the other day. He has a huge log splitting machine so it was A LOT OF FUN. Anyways me and him are developing a good friendship. Our other main investigator at this time is a young girl named Ruby. She is pretty awesome, I think she is going through a hard time right now, but I think she will realize very quickly how the gospel can bless her life. Last night after church we went to a stake choir concert which was good. And after that we got to go over to the Bishops house to talk with him a little more about the new direction missionary work is taking in this Mission. It just gave me and my companions even more of an oppurtunity to see how extraordinary this man is, and his family. I am super excited because If my visa doesnt arrive before christmas Elder Hemsley and Elder Jensen are going the Bishop Hiltons house for Christmas which is awesome.

Anyways I am having lots and lots of cool and funny experiences here. The Elders I am with now are much more strict which is great. I am really looking forward to being more obedient. However this means not as much time to email but thats okay. Maybe just tell everybody that I love them and Miss them all and I hope they are having a great Christmas season. Please tell Cara, Jake, Nate and Andy that I say hi and that I am constantly thinking about them and that I love them. Oh and Dont forget Grandma. I was just thinking the other day about Andy and how close he is to getting out!!!! I am soo excited for him!

Anyways, so funny story, we were over at a members house last sunday (when I was still in Monroe) and I was talking to the parents while there kids were in the other room watching tv. Well we were in the middle of a great discussion about the gospel when we heard a super loud explosion. It turned out that one of the kids who was about 11 years old, had decided that he would sweek the floor and empty the dust pan into the fireplace. The best part about it is there was a AA battery in the dust pan that he wanted to watch burn. Well he watched it and it didnt do anything for a while so we went back and watched the tv from the couch. well about 10 mins later it exploded. Its actually a blessing the whole house didnt burn down but it blew ashes, burning peices of wood, and fire all over the carpet. Needless to say the carpet is ruined but we spent a solid 20 mins trying to put out the smoldering carpet. Like I said it is a real blessing the house didnt burn down. One of the largest burning peices landed right next to a super old couch and I think it would have been game over if it had actually hit the couch.

Anyways its so different being in a rich area. But I am really really loving it here with Elder Jensen and Elder Hemsley. They are both super great guys.

I cant believe its almost Christmas time already! I am not sure if I am leaving before Christmas. I have yet to hear anything about my visa but who knows! I will be super happy either way! I did talk to President King and the mission office will forward any packages to France if they come after I leave.

So we need to figure out what time I should call you on Christmas day. What time do you work? I think they way phone calls work is the missionaries end up just using members cell phones since most plans these days have unlimited long distance on weekends and stuff like that. But yeah- Anyways let me know what time you will be able to talk. The phone calls are supposed to be between 30 and 40 mins. But I am excited because I will get to call you when I go to Paris too!

Anyways, well I am super excited to hear all about the latest update with you and Brad! Im soo excited for you!!! :)

I love you sooo much mom!
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment