Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dear mom,

I am doing great! We had a little bit of a discouraging week. I had a cold on Monday and Tuesday, and then Elder Jensen has had intense random back pain that has been slowing us down a little bit. He hasnt been able to sleep almost at all. Its been really tough. But things are really looking up today.

What a great email full of great news. I am soo thrilled about everything. Your new wedding date and the fact that Grae is thinking of moving to Iowa. This leads perfectly into my spirtual experience I have had this week.

Yesterday was fast sunday. And well, lets just say there was a lot of things I prayed for. Last month I started doing this thing where I make a list of things that I fast for in my journal each month. This helps me not only to remember what I need to fast for, but after the fast I am able to look at the list and I have learned that most times I recieving the blessings I have asked for but I forget that I fasted for them in the first place. Its been a super awesome experience. Yesterday while I was in church, I spent a good deal of time not only making my new list, but also looking over my list from last month. It was truly awesome to see the results of my fast. Long story short, You should really keep track of the things you fast for, I believe it will make your fasts more meaningful and you will more easily be able to see how the Lord listens to our prayers and responds to them. I now LOVE fast sunday. Well yesterday as I was fasting I made my list. One of the things that was on my list was so that Max could find a job. Max hasnt been doing so well lately. I had been extremely worried about him, and actually the exact wording that I had on my list was "Max- That he kind find a job/motivation". Well this morning as I got online, at the very top of my inbox was an email from him. It turns out he had emailed me just minutes before I got online. What he said in the email was simply amazing. He told me how about 45 mins before mailing me the email he had randomly been called on the phone and OFFERED a job. I was so greatful for that. Too me that was A direct answer to my prayers. It was so cool. This was the best email I have recieved from Max since he moved. He already seems 10x's happier.

Thanks so much for the link to the talk. I LOVE conference talks. I read one each night before I go to bed. I really like to do this because he helps me end each day on a spiritual note. Its great. And I thinks it is so cool that you read a talk every morning. Great minds think alike. I read This talk this morning actually

“Come unto Me with Full Purpose of Heart, and I Shall Heal You”

PATRICK KEARON

Here were a couple quotes that I like
President James E. Faust taught:
“When obedience becomes our goal, it is no longer an irritation; instead of a stumbling block, it becomes a building block. … “… Obedience leads to true freedom. The more we obey revealed truth, the more we become liberated.”
"No one can find peace in a minefield."

Anyways, I really really loved this talk. But I love pretty much every talk. Another talk that I really Liked was The Transforming Power of Faith and Character by Richard G. Scott. This talk actually brought me quite a bit of peace about everything that is going on back home. I simply just cannot wait until General Conference In April. I am so excited for that. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for the Talk. I am going to print it off and read it today. Anyways, I gotta get going but I love you soo much! Thanks for the wonderful email and the wonderful news.

Love,
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment