Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hey momma :)

Wow what a week! Thanks so much for your email! I loved it. I thought about your advice last week of printing off your emails. And I decided that it was dumb not to print them off. So I think I will start this week. :) Thanks so much for your wonderful emails. I look forward to them so much all week long.

Okay, we had a really good week. Me and Elder Jomie are working really hard. Potentially the hardest I've worked so far on my mission. We are doing hours and hours of contacting and porting every day! I think I might take it a little easier on Elder Jomie this week ;) I am trying so hard to be a better companion and a better missionary. In my experience whenever I havent gotten along with my companions its been because either one of us had been disobedient in some way or we werent working as hard as we should have. And well I think missionaries sometimes tend to misunderstand how true friendships are formed. I remember we learned about this in training we had a couple months ago. Sometimes missionaries think that when things are tough in the companionship that they should sit around the appartment and "bond" over music, games, movies, girls or whatever they might have in common to try and "fix" the relationship. But I have discovered that this is but a short term remedey and that the situation can oddly become even worse afterwords. I cant remember exactly what words were used but the just of the idea was that you create a special bond with somebody only after having endured some hardship or working towards a goal together. Often times it requires service for or with the person. Luckily as missionaries we serve others all day every day so you think our companionships would be perfectly happy all the time. But I suppose that our occasional pride or selfishness makes sure to ruffle a few feathers somewhere a long the way. At any rate, dont you worry, things are going just fine.

I feel like my french is improving.... maybe slowly but its improving. I am trying to do my best. Its my new thing. Everytime I undertake a new task I try to do it to the best of my capabilities. Sometimes its easier than others. Last week for example we were able to go do some service for a British couple in there Garden. It was so much fun. I loved every second of it. But I remember that all I wanted to do was work as hard as I possibly could while I was there so I could help the couple as much as possible with the time we had. While working and thinking about that, I related that desire to the mission. And how really, I should have the same desire for my mission, that I should work as hard as I possibly can to serve the people here while I have this special oppurtunity. I know that you have told me to do exactly that countless times along with many other people but I think that little experience I had really helped me to have a greater desire to WORK HARD.

I have some pretty wonderful news! We are going to start sharing a car with Brest! This transfer we will only have it for a week to a week and a half. But starting next transfer we will have the car for
3 weeks each transfer! I am so excited. We will be able to get so much stuff done! We are planning on visiting some old investigators along with active and non active members alike. I really do love this Branch here at St. Brieuc sooo soo soo much. I cant wait to bring you here one day. I still really want to come towards the end of June-July of 2013. Its the prettiest time of the year here and I know you are going to love it soo much! Who knows maybe there will even been a temple under construction at Versailles that we can go see. There has been a rumor or two going around where that could very well be the case!

I just cannot believe it is August already. Time is flying by. I cant believe my birthday is coming up. Its crazy to think I will be 21. Thanks so much for working on a package for me. I hope you dont send anything to crazy or too expensive. But whatever you do send I will be so excited for it! Just try and be reasonable :)

Okay mom, I think we better get going! Time is running out quick. I hope you have a wonderful week and I cant wait to talk to hear from you next week :) Anyways I love you! Tell Brad I say hi and I love him too. I am so happy that you are together. Tell everybody else that I say hi and I love them. Especially Grandma if you get the chance!

Love you!

Love,

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment