Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Monday, July 18, 2011



Hey Mom!

So, lots of good news this week! Sorry I wasnt able to really check my email until today! But I loved BOTH of your emails! Before I forget: DO NOT PUT THE ITUNES CARDS into my package! I cant use them here. I have to create a new "european" account and use itunes cards that were bought with euros. But yes, I am staying in St. Brieuc! I am super excited. Elder Carter is going Zone Leader in Lille! Isnt that awesome! We have really had a blast together. My new companion... I
have no idea who he is. We actually just inherited 2 new stakes into our mission, Luxembourg, and Nancy (Strasbourg) I am really really, really excited. And well I tell you this because my new companion comes from the Nancy Stake so he was originally in a different mission. However I think he is a francophone which will be cool. His name is Elder Jomie and I will probably give him a call later today. He will come here on Wednesday. I called Elder Butel and asked him about Elder Jomie and he said he is a really funny guy so we should get along just great!

President Poznansky is kinda cracking down on some rules. Which is most likely a good thing.. But one of the rules is to only spend an hour doing emails each week. The new rules will be a little tough but oh well I am sure it will help us. But just so you know I dont have a ton of time to email any more.

Anyways its sounds like you have had quite the crazy week.. I am sorry to hear you were having a tough day last week :( I hope you are feeling better now! I am really loving the i-touch and I appreciate it very much. I have been listening to the Yellowstone Soundtrack almost non-stop.

As for St. Brieuc, I have lots of ideas for this next transfer. I think the first day my new companion gets here were are gonna spend planning and setting goals for what we want to accomplish. I really want him to feel like we are both brand new in this area and anything is possible. I find that when you come into a new area, the new missionary has TONS of good ideas but the missionary who has been there for a little while tells the new missionary that such and such isnt possible because of this or that. Which really isnt a good excuse. So I am really excited! I find that planning is such an important part of missionary work that frequently gets overlooked. I also find that good planning helps companions get along much much better. There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning after not haveing planned together the night before, and having different ideas of what you want to accomplish that day. That is something I really learned this last transfer. Anyways I am really really excited for this transfer. It will be my 6th transfer in the mission.

I will see if I can forward the new mission map that I recieved today. Its pretty cool. Our mission is HUGE!!!!! And its just keeps getting bigger. My friend Elder Blackham who was in Brest this last transfer (we also served together in Villeneuve d'Ascq) is going to Strasbourg this next transfer and it will take hime over 10 hours by tgv to get there... Its crazy!!!!!

Not sure if you remember him, but my old friend Blake Lively emailed me today. It made me really happy. Blake was always such a good guy. He was a good example to me. But it was really nice to hear from him.

Kinda worried about you. You need to take better care of yourself.
Kidney Stones do not sound pleasant and the tree pruners in the eye doesnt sound much better!

There is one last thing I wanted to talk about with you. Missionaries who go to foreign countries are discouraged from staying in there country after there mission is over. It makes it harder for the church to get visas for their missionaries approved. I really sincerely love the idea of coming to France with you. However due to this little rule, and the fact that I would much rather come back when I am not a missionary is something that I have thought a lot about. I would really like to be released before I tour around my mission. I have talked to quite a few missionaries who have done this and they say they wish they would have been released beforehand also. If you are not released and you choose to stay after your mission is over, you still have ALL the same rules! I have been meaning to talk to you about this for a while now but I have been unsure of how to do it. This does NOT mean in any way that I dont want to visit France with you. It just means that I would like to be released before I do it. I had also realized how much prettier France is durring the summer.
The idea I came up with was that we could come back in June or July of 2013 and maybe even catch a part of the Tour de France and or be in Paris for the 14th! I cant imagine coming to Bretange in the Fall, I just dont think it would do this place Justice! Its beautiful here! I am however completely aware that is a dream you have to pick me up from my mission and well I wanna hear what you have to say about this. Keep in mind that it is NOT Forbidden to tour your mission before being released, but just discouraged. There are positives and negatives to both choices. For example it would be more expensive to come back because I would have to buy my own plane tickets. But I just want you to think about this and tell me what you think. Its not something we have to decide on right away, but it is something I wanted to mention!

Anyways mom, I really gotta go. But I love you so much! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment