Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Monday, July 25, 2011

Hey Mom!

Thank you so much for your emails. They are perfect. I love everything about them. Even the length. We had a wonderful week.

Elder Jomie is from Guadeloupe. He speaks French and does not speak English. This is kind of a blessing for me. President sent me an email and asked me to Speak ONLY FRENCH with him at ALL TIMES. I am so excited. I am really going to try and take advantage of this opportunity to learn french that the Lord has given me. I am so lucky. Elder Jomie actually comes from the Swiss mission. I think his old mission might have been a little different that the one here in Paris.
I am so lucky to have been called to this mission. I absolutely love it. Elder Jomie has been on his mission for a little over 7 months I think. He is a good guy. I really tried to do what I told you I was going to do with him. I explained to him my ideas and really just sat back and let him talk. and boy does he like to talk :) But it is going well. I have really been trying to be humble and look at things from his perspective.

We have been working really really hard. I am sincerely starting to enjoy the work. It just feels good to go out and work now. I love it. I had always loved teaching and certain parts of the work, but I feel as though something has clicked and allowed me to really love the people here, and to love going out to find those people who the lord has prepared. Arlette has been a big part of that I think. To see so clearly how much the gospel has helped someone gives me so much motiviation. I am so lucky.

I am glad to hear you are doing well. I was a little worried about you last week. But it sounds like you are doing much better.

Mom, thanks for being so understanding about not picking me up from my mission. It was such a relief to come in and read my email from you this morning. I was so afraid that it would disappoint you. But your email really help put me at ease. Thank you so much again. I am really looking forward to finshing my mission with the rest of the missionaries in my group. I think that last night that we all spend in the mission home will probably be one of the happiest moments of my mission. Not in the sense that my mission will be over. But in the sense that I will be with the people with whom I labored and served the Lord.

Mom I have to go and write my presidents email. But thanks again for your email! (P.s) I cant really print off your emails because it costs me 50 centimes for one page! its kinda crazy. But I enjoy reading them here :) Thanks again mom :)

Love,
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment