Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hey mom!

Thanks so much again for your emails! It was great! Things are going better here for me. I am really grateful for your prayers.

Wednesday we went to Brest for our district meeting. And then Thursday night we went and spent the night at Rennes so we could catch the train to anger for Zone Conference on Friday. All of that was very fun but we got very, very, very little sleep. All of that finally caught up with me on Sunday. Sunday at church was the most tired I have been since I first got here with all my jet lag! I was constantly falling asleep. I was excited to take a nap after church with my lunch hour instead of eating, but then, just as we were walking out the door, the Ravenau family invited is over for lunch! The members here dont live very close to the chapel so whenever somebody offers for us to come over we pretty much have to accept. The only problem is that because people live so far away the expect you to stay for the WHOLE Afternoon, which as you can immagine is very fun and relaxing but not TOO productive. Working out a productive way to visit members here is a puzzle I still havent figured out how to put together. Normally we arent supposed to stay at a memebers home longer than one to one and a half hours..... so you can immagine how I feel when the members drop us off after spending 5 hours at there house. Its kind of a bummer. But Oh well I am sure I will figure something out!

Anyways Life is great! Zone conference was good. It was our first REAL Zone Conference with President Poznanski and I really enjoyed it. I got to see Elder Butel and we talked for a little while which was really fun. He seems like he is doing well. He will go home in November. Its hard to believe how fast time is going by here!

Every equipe in our mission recieved a portable dvd player at Zone Conference which was pretty cool. I have been watch the Preach My Gospel dvds lately and they are super awesome! They really help me want to be a better missionary and help me see how things SHOULD be done.

On a different note I felt bad I didnt reply more fully to your email last week! I was really touched by what you said about Brad. I am also extremely excited to meet him when I get home. I am equally excited to spend some time talking to him on Christmas! Tell him I always appreciate his emails and that I am sorry I dont write him a seperate email! I expect that he reads these!


Well Mom, I should probably get going here! I still need to do my presidents email! Thanks again for your emails! They always make me so happy! I look forward to them every week. And I havent gotten you package yet but I AM SOO EXCITED! Thanks so much :)

Oh and speaking of christmas/clothes. I have already started to make a list. I was thinking about ordering some more stuff from missionary mall. could you maybe investigate and tell me how expensive it is for them to ship me stuff? Anyways I love you soooo much mom! Talk to you next week!


Love,
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment