Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Monday, September 12, 2011

Hey mom!

Thanks so much for your email! I took a little bit of time to investigate the LDS Scripture app today and I think I am going to put it on my ipod next week. Unfortunately that means that to start off with I wont be sending a long email today, and it means most likely the same thing will happen next week.

I got an email from Max today. It was good to hear from him. I guess there is a problem and he has to move. But It was nice to hear from him.

Anyways, we had a good week. I feel like every week goes by faster and faster. Everytime I go to sleep at night I feel like my alarm clocks goes off after 30 seconds and when I wake up to turn it off it feels like I blink and I'm getting ready to get back into bed. Its WEIRD!

Anyways me and Elder Jomie are doing well. We get along pretty well. I am learning so much from serving with him. Patience perhaps more than anything else. I feel like I am constantly turning to the Lord to help me have the patience and the charity to help me handle situations as the Savior would. The books you sent me with Inspirational quotes and stories for missionnaries help out a lot as well. Its a wierd thing obedience. Now that I have been on my mission for a little while I can see that it takes a lot of faith to really devote yourself to this work. As I said before I know that I am not perfect but it has been liberating to TRY and devote myself. Its something that I work on each day to improve.

Anyway, we had a good week. Not a whole lot happened. We were able to teach a few lessons to both less actives and investigators which was fun. I have been reading the Book of Mormon quite a bit lately. I am currently in 3rd nephi and its really good. It really helps me to start off my day on the right step and I enjoy finishing my day with it as well. I have been writing in my Journal EVERY night, pictures on the other hand..... But I will try and remember to take more pictures. I feel like picture taking habits change as you switch companions. That is true for working out in the morning as well. In our Apartment there are two rooms, the bedroom and the kitchen/dining room. Its very very uncomfortable to work out in the dining room because there is a tile floor so I work out in the bedroom, however I feel comfortable working out when Elder Jomie is still in bed so I usually just read untill I eat breakfast and take a shower. However I did ask Elder Jomie to go on a run with me last week (saturday) and he went :) Anyways, Life is good, I exercised today and I took a little nap after studies so that felt nice.

I had a question though, can you do a little research for me and tell me when it would be best in the next few months to exchanges $200 into Euros? I still have some money from Atlanta and I have been saving it for a better exchange rate. I looked it up a while ago and I remember seeing a prediction that said October is the best time to do it but maybe you could help me out find that out!?

I think something that I would like for Christmas is a new suit. I would like one from the missionary mall because they are guaranteed for 2 years. Dont buy anything yet but maybe look into that for me. I have worn a pair of slacks that I got from there along with one pair of shoes everyday of my mission so far and both items are still in good shape. (I take good care of them) But the point is that the stuff is extrememely durable as well as comfortable.

I should probably get going. But I love you soo much mom! Oh Max told me he is not sure if he will stay in Hawaii after his move..... maybe you could hint something in there about Iowa. Thanks again for your email! Love you so much mom! Tell Brad thanks for his email as well!


Love,

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment